What is Fire Cupping?
Fire cupping is a traditional Chinese medicine treatment involving the application of negative pressure (suction) to the skin with glass cups via heat.
How Does it Work?
The suction applied with the cups promotes the body’s natural healing process, stimulates blood circulation, improves lymphatic flow and detoxification, relaxes muscle tension, and induces nitric oxide production which aids in the alleviation of pain.
What conditions can cupping benefit?
Fire cupping can benefit muscle aches and pains, headaches, migraines, joint pain, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma and other respiratory issues, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and other digestive/gastrointestinal issues, and high blood pressure.
What to expect when getting acupuncture:
- Drink plenty of water before and after treatment to stay hydrated and aid in the detoxification process.
- Wear comfortable clothes for your treatment.
- Your naturopathic doctor will apply an oil or salve to the treatment areas in order for the cups to move smoothly along the skin.
- Cupping causes bruising that will last up to 2 weeks.
- Several hours after your treatment, avoid showering, swimming, and sun exposure as the skin may be sensitive. Be sure to avoid any extreme temperatures after your treatment and allow your body to rest and heal itself.
For additional information or to schedule a consultation call (480) 906-3283.