Recipe adapted from Show Me The Yummy
▢ 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
▢ 2 tablespoons cornstarch
▢ 1 cup broth vegetable or chicken
▢ 1/2 cup skim milk
▢ 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt room temperature
▢ 1/2 teaspoon salt
▢ 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
▢ 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
▢ 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
▢ 1 box of Gluten Free pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- While whisking, slowly add in broth and milk.
- Continue whisking to combine until smooth.
- Raise heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once simmering, simmer for about 2 minutes, until it starts to thickened, again, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and little by little, whisk in greek yogurt.
- Once combined, place back on the heat (medium) and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for an additional 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Serve over pasta immediately or let cool completely (so it can thicken) and serve as a pizza sauce and enjoy!
- If not using immediately, store in airtight container in fridge.